I am still working on leveling my baby hpally on Whisperwind, but I am taking a break today to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day. I sort of wish they had an in-game celebration for it….
We could pick four-leaf clovers, have a “Luck of the Irish” questline that ends with an epic mount drop from St. Paddy himself. We could receive luck buffs and…
To celebrate the day, I am presenting a great Irish soda bread recipe. Please keep in mind that this is NOT a traditional Isirish soda bread, nor am I purporting it to be. Traditional Irish soda bread contains only four ingredients, and was more of a staple daily bread, and not the more-cake like confection I prepare. But it is really good and super moist.
Please enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day and celebrate! Ahem… Responsibly.
Note: The recipe that I have used and love is from here. I have tested it and it is GG-approved!
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, caraway seeds, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve warm.